Immaculate 3BD Truro Hills Beauty--Large Deck, Outdoor Shower - WSTUM
- Type: Single Home
- Bedrooms: 3
- Max. Occupancy: 6
- Baths: 2 full 1 half
- Town: Truro
- Neighborhood: Truro
- Proximity to Water: 1.1 to 2 Miles
Choose your arrival and departure dates by selecting available dates from the calendar above. The dates you choose will be placed in the fields below. Click the Book button to start the reservation process.
Attractive Truro three-bedroom, 2 1/2 bath hilltop upside-down style contemporary home with a large, open, bright and airy floor plan. Home is on an extremely quiet, forested, dead end street on the ocean side of Route 6 and borders directly on the Cape Cod National Seashore property. The main floor offers cathedral ceiling with beams & electrically operated skylights, expansive large windows and Anderson sliders that open to a 40' wrap-around mahogany deck overlooking the peace and tranquility of the wooded valley to Long Nook Beach. Just a short drive to both bay (Corn Hill, Great Hollow) and ocean beaches (Long Nook, Coast Guard, Ballston) and minutes from Pamet Harbor. At night the beacon from the Highland Light can be seen flashing along with spectacular sky star gazing from the rear deck. Catch the warm morning sun while enjoying your favorite beverage and reading material on the front mahogany deck.
Well-appointed and thoughtfully furnished for comfort and relaxation, Sleeps 6; full kitchen; gas grill; enclosed oversized cedar outside shower; washer/dryer; cable TV/VCR/DVD; wireless internet and flat screen TVs in living room, master bedroom and guest bedroom.
The property abuts the Cape Cod National Seashore property, a wonderful protected federal park which comprises most of Truro and beyond in all directions. Over 4,300 acres, it has miles and miles of hiking trails, fire roads and spectacular sand dunes with elevations to 90 feet overlooking pristine beaches, some accessible only via trail.
Walk down the back of the property and follow Higgins Hollow Road to the fire road which opens up miles and miles of breathtaking Cape forest and sand dune ocean side trails (see photos). Short bike or hike to Long Nook Beach (1.5 m) or obtain a weekly town beach permit and drive the short distance to each beach. Grab a beach fire permit from the Truro Fire Department and enjoy a romantic evening beach fire (beach firewood available behind the house).
Where else but Truro would you find just down the road a seafood market, farmers market, liquor store, pizza/bakery/coffee shop with homemade ice cream, a gourmet chocolatier, a spice shop, local tavern featuring local produce and seafood, a nationally renowned potter, a stationer and several amazing restaurants, one that makes homemade pasta and authentic Italian pizza. Head up to the nearby vineyard for lunch, wine/rum tastings or take a drive to Castle Hill Center for the Arts, The Highland Light or the ghost feel of the abandoned old Truro Air Force Base - all within 10 minutes or less of the property.
Located equally between Wellfleet and Provincetown (each 10 minutes). Wellfleet offers the quintessential rural New England feel with shops, great restaurants and a large Harbor/Marina.
Provincetown offers it all...a rich and culturally diverse population of locals and visitors with excellent restaurants, shops and art galleries known worldwide. And yes, an active nightlife with theatres, dance clubs, bars or just a nice evening stroll! For kids, there's deep sea fishing, famous and memorable whale watch cruises, biking/kayaking or the educational activities of the Provincelands Visitor Center. There's also a trolley tour and a Provincetown ghost tour!
We won't attempt to list all the attractions on the Lower Cape, but just the few we consider really special and maybe a few you haven't tried:
* Long Nook Beach - A 3 minute drive from the house is the Cape's most spectacular beach with its high dunes and wide open vistas. It's a Truro town beach and is open to non-residents via a beach sticker.
* 4-wheeling on the beach - If you have an SUV, a special permit is available from the National Park Service. It will allow you to enjoy miles of pristine beach from Provincetown to Truro. Note: There are minimal vehicle requirements; call the Park Service before you come if you plan to do this.
* Mountain Biking - Up for a bike ride or romantic walk? Well just walk out the back door for a short hike to the access roads. A network of fire roads runs throughout the National Seashore providing the only access to breathtaking dunes and ocean scenery. Or head south and pick up the Cape Rail Trail for miles and miles of Cape scenery.
* Kayaking - Leave from Truro's Pamet Harbor on the bayside and kayak the protected waters of the Pamet River. This easy trip provides a great view of a saltwater marsh, which is fun for kids and adults alike. Plus, there are many other kayaking opportunities on the Cape -- from Provincetown to Barnstable. Rentals are available at several locations.
* Swimming - Of course! Truro has numerous town owned beaches both on the ocean and bay. The ocean beaches are generally wider with surf and dunes. Beach fires are allowed at night, by permit. At low tide, sand bars often appear near shore, which are fun for the kids. Head of the Meadow Beach - a 10 minute ride from the house, is a favorite because of the sandbars and lifeguard protection. Truro's bay beaches are often preferred by parents with young children because of less surf and the water in the bay is quite temperate.
Additional Fee: $125 non-refundable reservation fee (no security deposit required). FREE WIFI ***SATURDAY TO SATURDAY RENTAL***NO PETS ALLOWED***NO SMOKING****Sheets and towels are not included ++
++ LINEN PACKAGE available upon request for a fee of $200 per week. Discount may apply for multiple weeks. Linen package includes bed sheets, bath towels, hand towels, wash cloths, bath mats, beach towels and kitchen towels delivered to your rental on your arrival day.
- Bedroom 1 - 2 Twins
- Bedroom 2 - Double (Full)
- Bedroom 3 - Queen
- Full Baths - 2.00
- Half Baths - 1
- Linens NOT Provided - NOT Provided
- Linens Upon Request with Fee
- Maximum Parking - 3
- No Pets
- Smoking Not Allowed
- Iron & Board
- Coffee Pot - Drip
- Lobster Pot
- Washer & Dryer
- Ceiling Fans
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Internet Access - WiFi
- TV - 3+ TVs
- TV Service - Basic Cable
- Outdoor Furniture
- Picnic Table
- Grill - Gas Grill
- Outdoor Shower - Enclosed
Guest ReviewsAvg. Rating:
This is our second year in a row at #8 Scrimshaw. LOVE the peace, quiet, and comfort of this lovely home and setting. Thank you.
What did you like best about this rental? "The open airy and always bright floor plan, windows galore with such a beautiful view, the peacefulness and solitude, close proximity to the glorious beaches--just THE BEST !! The only reminder I would give for this property is that there are a lot of steps, so as long as you are in relatively decent shape, it is well worth the effort of climbing up to get there!" - 4.5 STARS.
We have stayed at this rental for three years. We continue to return as this is a perfect house in a beautiful part of the cape.